Peace Together Uganda: Mission
Through education and development programs for holistic growth, PTU enables people to build communities through mutual support. We do this through spiritual, intellectual, moral, social, and material development in hopes that our education concept/identity should lead to fraternal relations with our families, communities, other religions, ethnicities, and nations in order to promote true unity and world peace.
To achieve unity, we strive to engage in developmental programs such as:
- Education: Where children have access to formal schooling
- Health: Where the community is trained in proper health and hygiene care
- Economic Activities: Where the communities can generate income to enable them to have a decent living
- Psychological/Social/Culture Capacity Building: To provide communities and individuals with programs thatimprove their relationship with others.
- Paying school fees and providing scholastic materials to students of the program.
- Engaging the guardians of the students into piggery farming as an income generating activities ensuring a self-sustainability goal.
- Empowering the families of the students by involving their guardians into art work from which they earn income to meet their family basic needs.
- Involving the kids less than 16 years of age in a football/soccer kids' league to enable them to develop their skills and develop healthy relationships among fellow teens.
- Music, dance and drama with the youth/students as a tool of social and cultural support.
We envision a united world in which all humankind no matter race, age or condition in virtue of their dignity as human persons, have inalienable rights to education and development. Global peace and unity is our destiny.
Board of Directors
Board members are chosen on the basis of one's ability to build community peace, trustworthiness and professional competence and do not receive monetary pay or otherwise for their work. The Board of Directors meets and works to further the vision of PTU and act as leaders in the community.